Anthem MRX 710 AV Receiver 120 Watts X 7
Anthem MRX 710 Receiver7-channel A/V receiver with Anthem Room Correction (ARC 1M). 120 watts per channel continuous power into 8 ohms. The ARC 1M system boasts an entirely new user interface and greater precision due to more advanced digital signal processing in the MRX. The best news of all is that ARC 1M eliminates the old serial interface and connects with an MRX receiver using a network cable.
The second-generation MRX receivers now offer more HDMI inputs, dual HDMI outputs, 4K upscaling and pass-through, faster HDMI switching and come in three models with the primary difference being the amount of amplification and number of channels. The entry level receiver is the MRX 310, which offers 80 watts per channel for 5.1 channels. The MRX 510 is the middle receiver in the MRX lineup and offers 100 watts per channel for 7.1 channels. The flagship model is the MRX 710, reviewed here, which offers 120 watts per channel for 7.1 channels. As for other differences between models, the MRX 710 and MRX 510 allow the front left and right speakers to be bi-amped. The MRX 710 and MRX 510 have seven rear and one front-panel HDMI input, while the MRX 310 has seven rear HDMI inputs. All three models support software updates via USB.
- Design: 7.1 A/V Receiver
- Codecs: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Precision: 24-Bit/192kHz A/D
- 2-Zone Operation
- AM/FM Radio Tuner
- Anthem Room Correction Gen 2 (ARC 1M)
- Power Output: 2 x 120 watts RMS – Two Channels Driven @ 0.1% THD+N into 8 Ohms; 5 x 90 Watts RMS – Five Channels Driven @ 0.1% THD+N into 8 Ohms
- Dimensions: 6.5_ H x 17.25_ W x 15.6_ D
- Weight: 30.8 Pounds